Guide to Zoom
- Open the “Participants” menu
- Find your own name in the list that appears
- Hover over your name, which will show the “More” menu
- In the “More” menu, there’s an option to “Rename”
- Click the “Reactions” menu item
- Two emojis should pop up on screen, press the one you’d like to use
- If you need to message your leaders during a zoom call, open the “Chat” menu. Depending on your screen size, this might be hidden behind a “More” button that you’ll have to click first.
- Once the chat window is open, you should see a “To: Everyone” at the bottom of the screen.
- Click “Everyone”, which will let you choose a specific person to send a message to.
Sound and Video
- When you first join a meeting, there will be a popup with a blue button to join with Internet Audio - click this. There are other options on that popup, but you can ignore those.
- In the bottom right of the screen there are two icons - a camera and a microphone.
- To mute/turn off your camera, press the button, which should put a red diagonal line through it.
- To unmute/turn your camera back on, press the button again.